My Favorite Games

Hey there, this post is gonna be dedicated to some of my favorite games. I've had many favorite games over the years, I've been playing video games almost all my life you don't grow up with 5 brothers and not start playing young. I remember we all used to share a PlayStation 2, then a PlayStation 3, Xbox 360.


The first game console I owned myself was my Nintendo Ds where I probably fell in love with video games. One of my all time favorite games actually comes from that console being Pokémon Diamond. I first picked up Pokémon with the fourth generation which consisted of 5 games 2 original games to introduce the generation Diamond and Pearl, 1 remastered version Platinum and 2 remakes of the second generation HeartGold and SoulSilver. I had both Diamond and Pearl but I remember really getting into it when I was in hospital as a kid, it was probably the only thing that gave me comfort with all the scans and tests. I would play for hours at a time which was handy for waiting in a hospital for all those tests. I remember the first time I encountered my first shiny (which was shinx) I caught him then seen a normal blue one so I decided I liked the blue one better and released the shiny one, only later to find out he was a rare shiny Pokémon. To say 7 year old John was disappointed is an understatement. I still go back to play this game almost 14 years later so much so that I bought a second hand ds. 

Dialgia the mascot of Pokémon Diamond 

One of my other all times favorite games is a PlayStation exclusive called The Last of Us. The game has won many awards and was first released on the ps3 but at the end of the consoles life cycle and was lucky enough to be so popular it was remastered for the ps4 which is where I played it. I played through it in maybe 3 days (dlc and all) to then go back a week later to replay it. I found the story to be a fresh take on the zombie apocalypse type stories. (Major Spoiler even if its been over 5 years since the release) I liked how the story starts with the outbreak and Joel losing his daughter Sara. We then pick up a few years later with Joel having to smuggle a young girl named Ellie across the country to help make a cure as she is immune to the virus. However when Joel figures out that to make the cure Ellie has to die he decides that's not going to happen and he kills all of the fireflies and takes Ellie and runs. To me its a great way of showing how Joel takes a smuggling job that ends up helping him move past his grief and grow him as a character. 

Joel and Ellie 

That's all I have to say on my favorite games I have many more but if I wrote about them all I don't think I'd ever leave my laptop. So for now that's it make sure to check back for more posts in the future.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Game Idea Research

Introduction to a future Pending......

Game Vision Statement