My introduction to Time Management

 The articles I read for this assignment were:

Four questions to help you overcome procrastination by Peter Banerjea,

3 steps to recapture time by Joynicole Martinez.


Were the articles useful?

I found both articles to be very helpful. However I found the first article "Four questions" to be a lot more helpful than the second one was. In this article it gave a lot of useful tips on how to deal with procrastination. I like how it gives you four very simple questions to ask yourself which can help deal with being in a mental block and procrastinating one's work. It recommends you break up your bigger tasks that may be causing you to procrastinating by breaking it up into smaller tasks and starting on the smallest and just focusing on that task. 

The second article was helpful but not as much as the first one in my opinion. One thing I did take from this article was that the first 15 minutes of your day should be blocked off to meditate and figure out how your gonna deal with the day's tasks at hand. It also stated to recognize the "pruning" season which is like a time where you have to get rid of clutter and focus on the important stuff that needs to be done.  

Did you learn anything new you could try this semester?

I did learn stuff that I could use this year to help my time management. Firstly to take the first 15 minutes of my day to figure out what needs to be done by level of difficulty and due date. Secondly, I learned that with my bigger tasks to break them into smaller tasks at the start of the process and start tackling them straight away piece by piece that way I'll have less stress. Thirdly to identify my three major priorities of the day and making sure I can tackle them.

What will your biggest time challenge this semester?

I think going off my classes this semester my biggest challenge time management wise will be balancing my classes work loads and taking time out to decompress as I can get lost in my work especially when in the same environment all day. Or it could be making sure i stick to the time allocated to each task. 


A quote from Stephen King



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Game Idea Research

Game Design

Game Vision Statement