Unity Toutorial 03

 I have just completed  this weeks Unity tutorials, which are Lessons 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3. I found these tasks very enjoyable and challenging as there were a few part I had to watch back a few times to figure out where I was going wrong. 

This week the tutorial was based around a animals and pizza. Yes you read that correctly. It basically consisted of three animals, a farmer and pizza. The main objective of the game is to feed the animals food to stop them. You would generate the pizza by pressing down the space bar and use the S key to spawn animals randomly around game. This is an area I found a tad confusing. So we had to use animal prefabs and place them in the spawn manager. This came easy however when righting the code for the spawn manager I misspelled several key phrases and cause the game to not operate correctly. After comparing my code to the code in the tutorial I realized I had added letter and was missing some letters as well. (Thanks Dyslexia.).

I was actually really happy once I got it working and felt a little bit proud especially after last weeks failure. It's kinda weird if you asked me two years ago did I think I would have been able to make a game in second year of college I would have laughed at you.

I feel as though I am learning a lot from Unity and my skills are constantly improving till next time. 


My own image
Caption: Screenshot of my finale Lesson 2.1


Comments

  1. Hey John!
    How are you getting on with the module? I was also confused with the S key thing and I did not read the whole explanation hahaah I thought I was doing it wrong but I just forgot to press the S in the keyboard hahah. I also find the game labs fun but I'm not sure if I could even bring my game project to life hahahah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Game Idea Research

Game Design

Game Vision Statement