Unity Tutorial 01

 I've just completed the Unity tutorials 1.1, 1.2, 1.3. I found these enjoyable with a dash of difficulty. what I mean by that statement is I found the tutorials really enjoyable however there where elements that I found difficult such as getting the ridgedbody to work. The video tutorials where really helpful for me as when I'm given a long video with instructions, I find very little of the middle content goes in or takes a long period of time to process. The short videos definitely helped me in that aspect and after I felt like I had learned quite a lot when each section was finished.  

I found that the guy in the tutorials went at a relatively good pace. However at times I felt that it he would go on tangents so I set the video to 2x the speed so I could stay focused on task. Normally I wouldn't use this feature however as someone who has issues with focusing because of many outside factors this seemed to work for me. The written instructions were also a nice touch as it helped me quickly make sure I had done everything. When he was going through the C script I found it of medium difficulty as I had to slow the video down slightly for these tutorials (Thanks Dyslexia).  As I stated before I found the ridgebody difficult as I had a few issues finding the correct settings. Overall I had a lot of fun with these tutorials and my final product. I can't wait to experiment more with Unity over the semester. 


This is my own image. 
Image Caption ~ This image is a screenshot on unity after I completed first 3 tutorials 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Game Idea Research

Game Design

Game Vision Statement