Unity Tutorial 02

Hey there this is my blog post on Unity Tutorial 02. 

To begin I started with lesson 1.4 which was the lasts part of last week's project which was the car game. I really enjoyed getting to finish this game. I found that I flew through this as I did these tasks. This was an amazing start to the tutorial and as I went through it everything was working out perfect bare one or two minor problems which were quickly fixed. The code is where I made a few mistakes but after examining them for a few minutes it was fixed. I finished this task thinking " wow that was fun and easy huh!". Famous last words.

So then I began Challenge 1 & Quiz Plane Programming and well I began to realize this was going to be difficult. I started and I soon noticed there wouldn't be step by step instructions. I had so much difficulty with this to the point I didn't complete this task for a number of reasons the main one being my time management being affected by outside circumstances. I however do want to attempt to complete this task in my own time just to prove I can. I used the hints as best I could when I got stuck but the hints made me more confused and made me realize that I couldn't remember how to do tasks I knew how to do and had completed before hand. It's like I had the knowledge behind a door, but I couldn't form the key to open that door. This makes me think I might need to spend more time on the tasks and maybe practice them multiple times. I definitely see this as a loss but also a learning point, I know where I went wrong and I know what needs to be changed to help improve. Hopefully moving forward I will have more wins than losses. 

Thanks for reading this post I'm gonna go practice my Unity skills. 


Caption: My own image from my unity 1.4 lesson file 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Game Idea Research

Game Design

Game Vision Statement