First playable (Kinda)

 

Hey guys,

So this weeks Prototype was a bit of a mess there was ups and downs to put it lightly. 

So This week I spent a bit more than 2 hours on it just because I was being stubborn. I really wanted to get the game to a playable stage but there were a few complications that kept men from making it 100 percent playable. So I began by finishing off the few bits of the maze's walls. That took maybe 20 -30 minutes so that was fine. So I moved on to controlling the player and this is took up the rest of my time I was trying get the player moving with code and I did get the player to move left and right he just glides basically so next week I hope to get it where the player will turn when pressing the right and left arrows. However when the player starts to move the player has no control on the forward movement so this will need to be fixed next week.  So thanks to these issues I didn't get to implement my puzzles yet. I also have the camera following the player in the first person. I have to admit while working this week I was stressed from outside of college situations which definitely effected my progress this week but next week is a new start and hopefully next weeks developments will be more and better. 




 Two screen shots one of my game and one of my Player Controller script so far.




Comments

  1. Hey John,

    I’ve read through some of your project blogs and well done on your game! I can see that you’ve put in a lot of work into your game. I also spend longer than needed to on my game due to my stubbornness sometimes. Sorry that you had a rough week this week, life can be tough sometimes and college work on top of that isn’t really helpful, but my advice for you is to focus on yourself first. If you feel like you might fall behind on work, just remember you can always catch up with extra credit.

    Anyways back to your game, I like how your game turned out so far. It looks very visually appealing. I like how you were able to make the environment look mysterious. In terms of sound effects and music, in your GDD you stated that you didn’t want any, but I think it would really enhance your game. However, this is your game in the end so I can’t make you haha, but its just a thought. Your game is still great either way, keep up the great work!!!

    Khang.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Game Idea Research

Game Design

Game Vision Statement