Learning Challenge: Data Reveals How Some College Students Sleep by Anya Kamenetz Review

Data Reveals How Some College Students Sleep by Anya Kamenetz Review 

I decided to read the article on sleep titled Data Reveals How Some College Students Sleep by Anya Kamenetz. Here is the link to the article

What is one thing that this article CONFIRMED for me that I already knew well that would be that "Sleep derivation affects memory, cognition and motivation" I know this because as someone who very frequently doesn't get enough sleep it's something that I am far to familiar with and don't get me wrong I don't wear it as a badge of honor. It's something I am actively trying to change but as someone who has been dealing with it since they were 14 it's actually not easy to just get rid of and there are a lot of factors that lead into it like stress and anxiety and depression among many more.  

One NEW thing that i learned was that a lot of students actually get the roughly the correct amount of sleep in the week. Now saying that that's just going off the study so that could just be the students of the study but I do think it has some president. Going off students I know both in and out of TUD most of them go to sleep by 1 am most nights. 

After reading something I am actually CURIOUS  to explore is how to get a better night sleep as some of those so called sleep trackers aren't accurate at all now I don't own one but I have thought about getting one (I wont be now). So to get a better night sleep I am gonna incorporate less screen time into my day and I know your probably like "We have college online right now" I know but if I have a strict cut off point for using the computer of let's say 8pm then if I have a deadline for 10 pm its just gonna have to be done by 8 and then a cut off at 10 pm for my phone and asleep by 11:30 or 12. This is all to reduce my blue light intake which has been proven to affect the brains ability to sleep. 


Sleep is important so make time for it. 



Sometimes there ain't no time for sleep! (This is a joke I just thought it was funny and everyone needs a laugh now and then.)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Game Idea Research

Game Design

Game Vision Statement