Unity Tutorial 05



I have just completed this weeks Unity tutorials and I can honestly say I enjoyed them even with some of the more challenging aspects. These tutorials where fun as I felt the second set of tutorials where very similar to the first set so I didn't have as much fun with them. This weeks lessons where Lessons 3.1 - 3.3. I do wanna clarify before I go forward that I did struggle at points but compared to the first two sets I struggled a lot less.

So begging with the first lesson this one was basically setting up the scene and making the player being able to jump with the use of the spacebar. I must say these set of videos where extremely easy to follow as usually and are so help full and help me get through the process with a lot more ease ( also the x2 button might have helped with the timing but you didn't hear that from me 🤫 ).

The second lesson was all about getting the background repeat to give the illusion of the world rushing by as the player runs. I found this section very enjoyable and very easy to complete.

The third lesson was firstly applying animations to the players character and secondly were I had issues. So as I worked my way through this section I got to the 3rd video and then I had trouble so I was working through and then my code wasn't working (to be specific my SetTrigger) and I honestly didn't know why. I was so frustrated so I started the video over again comparing my code to the one being used and I realized that I had named my Private Animator as Animation.

After that I flew through so one hiccup not bad but it took a while to realize so. I'm really looking forward to next week's Unity and eventually using this knowledge to make my game. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Wishing you all the best.
                                    
My own Image 
Caption ~ A screenshot of my Unity 3.3 complete file 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Game Idea Research

Game Design

Game Vision Statement