Week 9 Reading and Writing

Looking Back

Overall the reading assignments weren't my strong suit because of my dyslexia so they were taking way to long and causing a loot of stress for me for the 2 weeks that I did them. I choose after the second reading week to stop doing them as they were causing me too much stress also I am aiming for a B in this module so from working out the points I would need to achieve that grade and realized I didn't need them. From the two I did do I felt they did help to some degree they help me to get my head around some aspects that I was struggling to rap my head around like what actually constitutes what a game is. I don't have a favorite reading week task seeing as I only did two. I feel happy so far with my game Project and I do think that the two reading tasks helped with that. I think my biggest accomplishment for this class would be honestly just keeping up with the work and not falling behind especially with the current way of the world. 

Image

Link to original source  

This is my favorite image from a previous game post I think it's my favorite because of a few reasons. Firstly it was showing the maze which is what my game is about. Secondly the labyrinth is one of my favorite myths from Greek mythology so it just made sense to use it as my inspiration. I have changed a lot of my game from the initial concept the idea of the maze still remains. I chose this photo because I personally think it gets across the main idea behind my game and the feel of my game.  I had originally attended to have a creature chase the player through the maze to add pressure for the player however I have chosen to drop this concept as I firstly was aiming to high and secondly would have struggled to add in the monster and have it running around by itself. Even though I have dropped elements that originated from this image I think it is still relevant. 


Looking Forward

I will not be doing more of the reading tasks as I don't need to for my desired grade. However if I was choosing to do them I would be wanting to be able to spend as little time as possible on them so maybe having a audio version that isn't a video would help in that regard. I think I would need to read ahead so to read the weeks reading maybe two days early and then coming back to read it a second time on the day of writing my blog. I think this would help me to firstly process what is being read and secondly help me to make a informed blog post on what I am writing my blog post about. I think I would also benefit from recording my initial thoughts on the paper and then writing them back out in a more coherent blog post. I do think that would have helped me out a great deal when I was doing the reading week tasks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Game Idea Research

Game Design

Game Vision Statement