Beta

So this week I spent well over 3 hours on my game but maybe spent about 3 hours actually getting things to work I spread my time on the game this week over several days because of other classes but I don't actually think it really helped my stress levels because my other assignments are still stressful. 

Anyway back to the game I started this week off by trying to accomplish 4 main things this week those being: 

  • Need to make a puzzle 
  • Make it so that when the puzzle is completed the door opens. 
  • Camera follows the player in a first person view. 
  • And stop the player being able to walk through anything that's not a door. 
I found out how to make a puzzle from a YouTube tutorial I will link Here. It thought me how to split up a image into different sections of the image like a jigsaw. I tried to follow along and make  the code work however it was not compatible and I couldn't find anymore that seemed to help with this. If I cant find one before I make a video for submission I will add a button to open the door.  

I tried to make the camera follow the the players movements in a first person view so I created a CameraMovement script using these videos first video second video. The second one was way more helpful but it still didn't work but I couldn't figure out what the issue that I was having so I said I would leave it and have it going in the back of my mind and then get back to it tomorrow. 

I feel since I went well over the 3 hours for this assignment I decided to Leave that till another day. 

Sorry for the long blog but as you can see I had a lot of issues this week so yeah. 


Caption: This is a screenshot of my game I have added in a puzzle that does not work. 


Comments

  1. Hi John, hope you are doing well. I just had a read through your Beta Blog and I have to say I am very impressed. Your game looks really well. I hope you get the few issues sorted this week but don't stress yourself out trying to make the game be perfect. You have put in so much to your game and i can see that. Good luck on completing it!! - Aoibhe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John! I can definitely relate to the stress you're having around assignments! It's good to see that you set goals for yourself for the week in terms of game progress. Your game looks really cool and the idea of a puzzle game sounds really interesting! I hope you figure out how to make that puzzle and get the camera working. You seem to be making good progress so far despite having some issues but I think everyone can relate to that. Well done and good luck with finishing up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Game Idea Research

Game Design

Game Vision Statement