Unity tutorial 09

 So for this week I decided to use this as a chance to work on some elements of my game so I followed a tutorial on how to get my doors to swing open. 

The tutorial I choose to follow was one on YouTube. It's called Unity Hinge Joints   it was posted by Michael Dixon. I decided to follow a long with it as best as I could and as I did I had many issues. 

Starting off the video was very easy to follow everything is done in  unity no code needed great. I then realized that my character could just walk straight through so I had to fix that and so I added box colliders but they weren't working right so I took to the internet to try and figure out where I found a video Unity Open World #13 - Character Rigidbody which I followed along to get my character to stop going through walls. So I went back to the first video and followed the steps but nothing was working. 

I then realized there was already animations for this asset which allow the door to open at this point I felt so stupid and realized that I had learned how to make a door open but I was essentially doing everything write with the wrong tools. However I am glad I have done this as I will know how to add a hinge joint  going forward. 


Caption: Screenshot of my Project with a hinge joint added. 


Comments

  1. Hi Johnnnnnnn~
    Its meeeh~ Flosie 😂🤦‍♀️
    How are youuuu and how's your game going? I really love the ambience of your game! It looks mysterious and it really attracts attention. I was also having a similar realisation when was coding my game while also watching a YouTube tutorial because I decided to look up on tutorial on how to code the coins on my map. I found out that I cou,d just create my own coins in unity and I just spend some time looking for a good assets for it which was annoying. It is also a bit hard to find an easy and clear tutorials for unity online for our games especially if we are looking for a specific code.

    Anyway, I can see that your game is looking really cool~ I hope i will be able to play it when its done! Good luck making your game and try not to stress too much even though its hard not to but you can do it! FIGHTINGGGG!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John, it's me again. Just had a read through your unity tutorial blog for this week. I am sorry to hear that the doors don't work properly because there was an animation already on the asset I hope you get to fix this, sounds so annoying !!! I hope it all works out for you, i look forward to seeing your final product. Aoibhe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Game Idea Research

Game Design

Game Vision Statement