Planning

This week we had a look at how to search databases with Lindsay from the TU Dublin Blancharstown Campus library. This I feel was a great session for me as this was something I was worried about going into this semester, however now I feel like I will have little difficulty gaining resources for my my topic. For this week we have been asked to firstly create a strategy  for gathering research and to also become organized for next week. 

The topic that I have picked to research and write about is Story types in games or as I will refer to it going forward in my blogs Story types. I feel as though this topic has a vast mount of information on it that is easily accessible especially after the session his week. 

To start me off in my research and preparing for next week I created a mind map with 20 keywords that I will use to search up credible sources. 


Image of my mindmap I created on Canva. 


I also went and made 4 folders on my Desktop to organize my research which Shaun suggested we do. This is to keep are resources with the other relevant resources such as having the ones that I decide to use all in one folder and the ones I decide not to in another folder.   


Screenshot of my folders on my desktop.

In the next week I will try and gather 20 reliable sources and add them to the " Articles to read" folder on my Desktop. I am hoping this will have me better prepared for the week ahead as they will be sitting on my desktop in direct view and this will help me to prioritize them in my work. I am going to start reading this week and will be setting up a spreadsheet to keep track on which ones are helpful to the project and which are not. Hopefully this will keep me organized and on task.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Game Idea Research

Game Vision Statement

Unity Toutorial 03