Unity tutorial 10

I began this week's unity tutorial by actually repeating the tutorial I did last week which I have the blog post linked here. So I had to actually remove the door assets that I had in place as they already had the animation and therefore I couldn't manipulate it at all so I made my own doors which is just a slab if I had more time I would definitely make it look better but since the semester is nearly over I don't really have the time to do that. I then realized I had to have areas for the actual puzzle to go so I made a puzzle stands to place my puzzles in that will open the door. 

So once I had that done on all 8 doors I went to find Unity tutorial and to say I found one is not exactly true. I found several and to save you the pain of reading on if you don't want none of them worked for me I spent several hours longer than I wanted to trying to get anything it work. I decided to put all the ones I tried into an Unlisted Playlist on my YouTube account at this Link . Although none of my new tutorials for me worked the fact I got the doors to work on a hinge for me I'm happy because even though I had attempted it last week I couldn't get it to work, this week I did get it working. I call that a success I will hopefully make more progress in this weeks Project assignment. 


Caption: A screenshot of me showing how the door works on a hinge now. 


Comments

  1. Hey John!
    How are you~
    I'm glad that you get to work your doors in a hinge even though you spend so much time to find a suitable tutorial for your Lab this week, you still get something to work. It was also good that you found out where you have to change to get your door working. I was also having trouble getting my start /menu UI done as the content of the menu scene got deleted out of nowhere so the time that I spent working on it was not worth it which I also understand how you felt when you couldn't find some good tutorials. :(

    Also, I think that your door is looking fine and as long as it works, its all that matter at this state hahaha. I also have to create all my assets and didn't use the ones I imported. I hope that you will be able to get all the main things completed in your game! Good luck on our last week of this semester!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Game Idea Research

Game Design

Game Vision Statement